Welcome to the YMCA of Waycross – Serving the Southeast Georgia Region. If you’re new to the area, you’ll quickly learn that the YMCA of Waycross is deeply rooted into our community’s history. Throughout this website you will find introductions to many of the exciting programs that our professional and degreed staff have designed in service to our community members.
Today the YMCA of Waycross operates at the Plant Avenue facility and proudly boast recent renovations to the Olympic size heated indoor pool, preschool department, outdoor deck & staircase to lower campus, and much more. If it’s been a while since you’ve been inside, you won’t believe what we’ve done.
The YMCA prides itself on being a family friendly Christian facility. We are dedicated to providing quality services while promoting Christian values. Participation in the YMCA programs and use of the facilities is subject to the observance of the YMCA’s rules and procedures. The activities outlined below are strictly prohibited. Any participant or staff member who violates this code is subject to discipline, up to removal from the program.
- Abusive or foul language
- Possession or use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs on the YMCA property or reporting to the program or using the facilities while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Use of any tobacco products on the YMCA property
- Bringing onto the YMCA property dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons, knives, or other similar items
- Discourtesy or rudeness to a fellow participant, staff member or volunteer
- Verbal, physical, or visual harassment of another participant, staff member or volunteer
- Racial comments or slurs
- Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group
- Conduct endangering the life, safety, health and well being of others
- Failure to follow any agency policy or procedure
- Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any participant
- Failing to cooperate with an Adult supervisor/leader/mentor.
Meet the Y Team
Every member of staff can be contacted at 912.285.8660.